Wednesday 12 August 2015

I made a detailed 3D model of a 2x2 brick

I took a CAD class last year, and I got pretty bored in the downtime during lab, since it came pretty naturally to me. I decided to model a LEGO brick.

The end result is proportional and has the same dimensions as a real one - I even looked up official dimensions to back up what I took down. The logos were the hardest part, since I didn't trace them from an image, instead constructing them as individual shapes. Each curve and line in the letters is an individual extrusion.

Here's a render of it...

And a GIF of it rotating around... (sorry for the poor quality, I don't own my own copy of a CAD software so I had to use some crappy viewer)

submitted by StaigerTiger
[link] [comment]

Do something wonderful with Lego: Mindstorms
Learning with Lego: LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education Resource Set

Challenge of the Month: Build yourself a Hovercraft Want!
from LEGO - News from a Studded World http://ift.tt/1gBy69K
via The source

No comments:

Post a Comment